Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Grand Slam

Despite my cloddishness, my boys think I'm grand.  A clumsy, heavy handed nature is responsible for my unintentional door slamming.  The barbaric slam (Seriously, with more vigor than if hoisting a door to a cave.) is followed by my immediate "oops" or "uh-oh" for the obvious disruption.

Even so, my fawning  Ernie  applauds EACH raucous by cheering:  "Dam door"  "Mommy dam door"  "Mommy dumsy".   (Ernie's beloved substitution of the "d" sound for the initial "s" and "c".   Maybe for his 3rd birthday, he will get his "s".)   He will knowingly slam the door for his own amusement; laughing and bragging  "Dam door"  "Ernie dumsy"  "Ernie dam door"He (Bless his heart) credits all that I do with being a good idea.  Beholden is the gift of that innocent laughter and unyielding approval of me.  I know I know.  Nothing lasts forever.

1 comment:

Your thoughts are welcome here. As long as they are kind. Or maybe just not unkind.