Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Seek God...

Today, I felt disturbed by my connection to the story about the man who's boat sunk in the middle of the ocean. While he hung on to a part of the boat, he prayed. And in his heart, he heard God say that He would save him. Later that day, a fishing boat came by and they called out to pull him up. He declined "No thanks, God promised that He would save me". Later, a helicopter flew overhead and dropped a line for the man who yelled out "No thanks....etc.". Last, an ocean liner's attempt also was refused. The man drowned, of course. Upon arrival at the pearly gates, he was mad at God, saying "You promised to save me and now I am dead from drowning". To which God responded "Well, I did send you a fishing vessel, a helicopter, and an ocean liner. What more would you have me do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. As long as they are kind. Or maybe just not unkind.