Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Doo Tell

Daily, if not hourly, do I fret over the speech delay of our older son* This morning, I was reminded again of my aging body and my ongoing struggle to "hold it" when I really need to go. We were hunting rollie pollies as we do each day before school. Away from home and shackled with the little guys*, I did the unthinkable. I grabbed a diaper, squatted and took care of business in front of my boys. Ugh. I am grateful that this will not be relayed in anyway that will make sense to his teachers. Appalling. This vexing speech delay has now served as more than just a great stressor. **For whatever the reason, I find that I would prefer to avoid naming my children in my blog. Since referring to them as the older and younger feels too detatched, I shall in all future posts refer to them as Bert and Ernie. Bert is my older boy of 2 1/2. Ernie is my baby, 1 year next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome here. As long as they are kind. Or maybe just not unkind.