Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

When I die..

In my final moments,  I will not mourn missed opportunities to grocery shop, run errands, or clean.  I know this.  I do not love or even like chores and still I am sometimes frustrated when good parenting precludes getting shit done.

Today, Ernie is under the weather with a little cough and a yucky nose.   I keep him home from preschool to avoid infection of others and exposure of his vulnerable little systems.   Initially I felt some imposition on productivity (for only 2 hours which easily might have been frittered on the computer).  I am disgusted by the truth of this confession.

Remembering the nearly expired pass to Aquarium of the Pacific, disintegrating in my wallet, I gathered snacks and our new(used) Peg Perego Aria double stroller.  It is sooooooooooooo much lighter and easier than the dinosaur Graco double.  Feeling both  inspired and reluctant, I managed to load up and head out in record time.

After recovering from the customary wrong turn, we arrived to easy parking and a nearly vacant aquarium.  YAY. Good omens.  Halted by the life-size whale over head, we pause before sprinting to the shark tank. Both boys fully charged:  curious, pointing, squealing, running and crawling in all directions.  Perfect weather. Pigeon chasing, Seal Watching, Lorakeet holding, shark and stingray petting. And, timed perfectly to witness the divers in the shark tank for feeding time!  (Oh yeah, and everybody waited to poop until we returned home.)  This is well spent time.   Must redefine productive.

Errands Schmerrands.  What was I thinking?! 

Remember, this is the blog where I frequently blow off steam.  If you crave something purely whimsical:   (Click here for entry to a happier place)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way sometimes and really most things can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the end, not having milk for cereal isn't the worst thing in the world. A great memory of a giant whale overhead is what you'll remember in your rocking chair :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome here. As long as they are kind. Or maybe just not unkind.